Saturday, December 15, 2012

Not packed...

Not packed...we are flying home tomorrow morning. Planning to leave the house by 7 in the morning because it takes forever to get to Gatwick...That way we should arrive at the airport with a few minutes to spare...fingers crossed...
The last few weeks flew by but have also been super busy...stressful, and frankly, I'm over it.
Here are some things that just really got to me this week:

6 weeks of hard work from my little Art Club elves...down the pooper...Friday morning I arrive at school...perky...my last day of work..yay!!! I walk into the hall where all the exciting Christmas bazzar activities will be held after school...That same hall that my kids have been decorating; painting GIANT ornaments, stockings, and a fire place...linking enormous chains and cutting out heaps and heaps of beautiful snowflakes...The hall that I spent hours decorating after work so that it would be ready and pretty...while cutting my finger open on a huge pair of super sharp scissors because I was tired and fed up of cutting out ornaments...All this work...GONE...not present at all...not even a little bit...just gone...The giant fire place...gone...the giant painted and sparkly ornaments...gone...stockings...gone...candy canes...gone... :(
After asking each and every staff member, posting a giant missing sign in the staff room...cleaning staff...head teacher...nothing...Most disappointing thing...
"Miss...where are all our decorations? Should we get them and hang them up?"....

...All in all B...S...

Getting sick...I know...we work with snotty little bundles of joy...but the concept of sneezing and coughing into your elbow does not exist in this country...The other day I personally witnessed a year 2 boy (6/7 years old) walk by MY comfy, swivel, teacher chair...the ones that have the soft pillow-like backing...and wipe his nose as he was walking by from one end to the next before quietly sitting down on the carpet...HOW?! How am I expected to stay healthy...NO amount of vitamins will protect me from my sneezers, coughers, and anti hand washers...with 30...30 children in each of my classes there is literately NO way to protect myself...therefore I have been sick as a dog all week...I see it as my turn to sneeze all over the place....

So no...I'm not packed...not even close...BUT really happy to be going home...a few bottles of wine should help...I also need to shower and paint my nails...Big day tomorrow...I think I have a few bunches of clothes on the bed...my yes...no...and maybe piles...Thanks Y ;)...

Can not wait to see all my favorite people tomorrow...here are your last virtual hugs and kisses for now...get ready for some tight squeezes.


V.

No comments:

Post a Comment